Do open houses work?
Open houses continue to remain a tool that Realtors offer to sellers as part of their marketing efforts to sell homes. Do they get the job done?
Open houses, some real estate agents swear by them and some swear at the thought of having to hold a home open. The answer to the question, do they work depends largely on if the agent is doing the work to help make them a success.
Successful open houses, to some degree, are influenced by the homes location, the areas market conditions and the pricing of the home. To increase the chances of visitors stopping by and seeing the home and more importantly to increase the chances of a qualified buyer stopping by to view your home, will depend on how hard the Realtor works prior to the open house event. Agents who rely only on a Sunday advertisement and a sign in the yard have done little to increase the chances of success.
A marketing plan for open houses with the goal of attracting potential buyers and customer traffic should consist of:
- Calling on homeowners in the neighborhood by phone or personal visits the week before the open house inviting them to stop by.
- Direct mail announcing the open house to apartment complexes or other rental homes where the rental fee is in line with what the mortgage payment for the subject home would approximately be.
- Invitations and flyers for the event delivered to the many different Realtors in the area keying in on those agents who have recorded past sales in the area.
- Scheduling the open house with a garage or yard sale will increase the amount of traffic that will find the subject home.
- Picking a day other than Saturday or Sunday to hold the home open. Often times holding a home open during the weekday produces great results.
- Organizing with agents who have homes in the area for sale to have multiple homes open in the neighborhood at the same time to increase traffic.
These are just a few suggestions that if implemented by the real estate salesperson would increase the chances of holding a successful open house.
Now may be the right time to consider a sales career with Watson Realty. We provide:
- Modern Watson Realty offices
- Wireless internet access
- Agent websites with custom IDX
- Marketing on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com Orlando Sentinel and more
- Non-competing Broker/Managers
- Marketing and prospecting tools to help you grow and maintain your business.
Watson Realty Corp. is leading the way, offering the branding, social networking and technology to help grow your business!
- Every agent receives enhanced Realtor.com listings
- Our agents are provided a contact management solution
New real estate agents
Newly licensed real estate agents should take advantage of our plan to help you succeed. For the newly licensed associates in Central Florida, Watson Realty offers:
- Initial training designed with your success in mind.
- Coaching and direction that is second to none in the Florida real estate industry.
- We offer an 8 week success school to give you a running start with your career and follow it up with on-going in and out of office training, support and guidance to help you take your business to the top!
Experienced real estate agents
As an experienced Realtor you should be working with a company that mirrors your intensity and work ethic. Would you like to work with a Broker who does not compete for your business, who is, instead, there to help you with your business and provide additional insight and coaching? Give me a call for an in -or out- of office confidential meeting.
Watson Realty and Watson Realty real estate school
- Ask yourself when choosing an office:
- Will I get the training and support I need to be successful?
- Is the Company more concerned with increasing its customer base or agent base?
- Are there tools available in-office to help me with my business?
- Can I reach my true earning potential at this office?
- Does this office know how to be successful with online marketing?
If you truly are looking for an office where you are encouraged to grow, where further career opportunities may be possible and where you can stay on the cutting edge of marketing, give me a call, 407- 304-0255 or 407-765-4884 and ask for Greg Staker or Ellen Thunell. We would love to speak with you.
Our company, Watson Realty, won the Diamond Award at the Leading RE conference held last week in Miami Beach at the beautiful Fontainebleau!
This award is handed out each year to the member company that excels as a leader within the 500 plus top real estate member offices.
Through our membership, our agents are able to assist anyone seeking to buy or sell a home anywhere in the world!
Pictured with us are Mr. William Watson Jr., founder or Watson Realty Corp., Carlotta Landschoot, Executive Vice President.
Many new real estate agents are hesitant at the beginning of their careers simply because they do not understand the paperwork they are required to assist a buyer with, when purchasing a home.
Ellen and I offer an extensive initial training program for our new agents, however, when an agent gets started quickly, sometimes they need help before they receive their initial training.
We are there to help.
We are happy to write the offer for our newer agents. With our use of transaction desk, we are ale to shadow the new agent’s profile and complete the offer for them and their buyer. All they would need to get the following from the buyer; purchase price, escrow deposit amount, closing date, type of financing or will they be paying cash, do they want a home warranty. Any other terms or conditions that are important to them that are not already on the contract.
We never want our agents to miss a sale simply because they are new.
If you are a new agent and want to be part of a team that is there to support you, give us a call!
Watson Realty Corp. in Kissimmee will be hosting a 63 hour post licensing course beginning on August 6th. The real estate school will be a weekend class ending with the class exam on August 28th.
If you are interested in attending or would like more information about a career with Watson Realty Corp., Kissimmee, give me a call.
Greg Staker 407-343-5752
Q: I have a buyer I am working with and they asked me about a property that they saw on realtor.com. I looked it up on the MLS and it was withdrawn 30 days ago after being on the market for over 440 days. My buyers are interested in the house. Since it was withdrawn and not expired can I still attempt to contact the owners or should I contact the agent that had the listing?
A: In my opinion, you should contact the listing agent first. It could still be under listing contract. Just because it shows as withdrawn in the MLS does not necessarily mean that the listing contract between the real estate company and seller has expired or is no longer valid.
Are you newly licensed? We are offering the required 45 hour post licensing class tht you need to complete.
KISSIMMEE-1950 E. Irlo Bronson Mem. Hwy. Kissimmee 34744
Friday, January 8th 5 PM – 10 PM Saturday, January 9th 9 AM – 6 PM, Sunday, January 10th 9 AM -6 PM
Friday, January 15th 5 PM – 10 PM Saturday, January 16th 9 AM – 6 PM, Sunday, January 17th 9 AM -6 PM
Review and State Exam will be given in class on
Sunday January 17th 9 AM to 6 PM
Contact me to reserve a seat!
Do you live in Kissimmee or Osceola County and are considering a career in real estate sales? You will need to attend a pre-licensing class.
Watson Realty Corp.’s Kissimmee office will be offering this class starting January 20th and ending on February 25th. The classes will be held Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm – 10pm. This class will be held at our Watson Realty office located at 1950 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. Kissimmee 32804
The cost of this course is $245.00 which covers the textbook, materials, supplies and class exam.
Contact me for a registration package or more information.
Watson Realty Corp.
Are you interested in a real estate sales career? We are offering a pre-licensing course to be held in our Watson Realty Corp. Kissimmee office on September 9th, 2015.
The class will run from September 9th to October 12th. This will be a night class with hours of 6pm to 10pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. The cost to attend is $245, which includes textbook, class materials and final exam.
To reserve a seat, please email me for a registration package.